ELNET-EU&NATO is looking for a Project Manager based in Brussels to join our international team!
- Reports to Executive Director
- Full-time position based in Brussels
- 12-month contract (with possible extension for an indefinite period)
- Competitive salary and benefits
The Program & Project Manager of ELNET EU& NATO reports to the Executive Director in Brussels and is responsible for the office management in Brussels, the (support for) planning and implementation of a variety of project activities of ELNET, such as roundtables, conferences, delegations the organization of meetings and travels logistics in Brussels and Israel. The Program & Project Manager will also focus on policy research relevant to EU-Israel political relations in particular in relation to the European Parliament, European Commission and NATO, the establishment and maintenance of a database of key contacts and the identification of and participation in events in Brussels relevant for ELNET EU&NATO.
Major tasks and responsibilities
Support the Executive Director in initiating, organizing, and participating in meetings and events for and with political stakeholders;
• Identify and maintain key contacts at the European Parliament, European Commission, Council, and NATO, as well as think-tanks;
• Development and regular update of ELNET EU&NATO contact list and preparing materials: drafting (news)letters, reports, and preparation of background materials as required, for external and internal use;
• Research of political developments at EU level relevant for the work of the office in Brussels and the ELNET network, in particular in relation to the work of the European Parliament, European Commission, and NATO;
• Identify and attend Brussels events, hearings and meetings (European Parliament, Commission, NATO, Think tanks and interest representations) and activities relevant for ELNET EU&NATO;
• Prepare and write internal reports on ELNET Brussels activities;
• Support the Executive Director in and initiate developing marketing and communication activities for the organization; and
• Key contact person for administration and logistics for ELNET EU&NATO.
• University degree;
• At least 3-5 years of professional experience in fields related to Israel, the Middle East, EU, NATO, counter-terrorism, Cybersecurity and/or Research and Innovation/Start-ups, preferably in Brussels or within the ‘EU-Bubble’;
• Experience in supporting the organization of events;
• Excellent written and oral skills in English and at least one other official EU language – French is desirable; and
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with (senior) officials in international and multi-cultural settings.
About the organization
ELNET (European Leadership Network) works to strengthen relations between Europe and Israel based on shared democratic values and common strategic interests. ELNET impacts ongoing policy issues affecting Europe-Israel relations by building relationships between senior European and Israeli decision-makers, conducting educational programs that enhance mutual understanding, and empowering European citizens to be politically engaged.
ELNET works with all mainstream political movements in Europe and Israel to build bridges between the European and Israeli majority consensus, especially the center-right and the center-left. Established as an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit, and non-partisan organization, ELNET is not affiliated with any political, religious, or ethnic group in Europe or in Israel, and its members represent diverse streams of opinion.
ELNET maintains an effective Pan-European network of local affiliates in key European countries. These independent yet interconnected and cooperative organizations engage important European leaders in critical policy dialogues to strengthen relations with Israel.