ELNET EU & NATO is looking for a fluent English-speaking trainee to assist the Executive Director and Program Manager and contribute substantively to the day-to-day work at the Brussels office beginning 1 September 2019.
|Work Location||Brussels, Belgium|
|Salary||Monthly internship allowance|
Possibility to transition into a fully paid position
at ELNET EU and NATO starting with a year contract
following the internship
Who we are
ELNET is a nonpartisan, non-governmental organization that brings together leaders who believe in the importance of close relations between Europe and Israel, based on shared democratic values and common interests. ELNET provides unique opportunities for mutual dialogue and encourages exchanges among politicians, policymakers and opinion leaders from different political backgrounds. We facilitate in-depth policy discussions on key strategic issues and host high-level delegations to experience the realities on the ground. Furthermore, ELNET works to educate about the complexity of global and regional issues, foster key ties between European and Israeli leaders, and empower political advocates of the Europe-Israel relationship, based on a believe that Israel and Europe share deep values, mutual interests and strategic challenges. Closer economic and political relations benefit both sides and are important to the future of the Middle East. As such, ELNET works to pursue long-term strategic partnerships between European countries and Israel.
The Brussels Office opened in May 2016 and is part of a Europe-wide network with offices in Berlin, Warsaw and Paris.
About the role
As a member of the ELNET EU & NATO Brussels office, the trainee will report to the Executive Director of ELNET EU & NATO and work in close coordination with the Program Manager on tasks such as the organization of high profile events and delegations, research and monitoring of policy areas relevant to our work (EU-Israel relations in general, Middle East, Foreign Affairs, the European institutions such as the Commission, Council and European Parliament, etc.), organization of meetings, office management and/or communication activities. We encourage the candidate to be proactive, develop his or her own projects and initiatives in his/her role as part of a ‘hands-on’ team within our organization in an exciting and challenging international environment.
Scope of activities
- Monitoring media and policy developments of all issues related to EU-Israel relations;
- Covering and reporting on committee meetings and conferences in the European Parliament, European Council, European Commission and other relevant events;
- Drafting short policy briefings and background papers;
- Organization of meetings, events, workshops and/or conferences;
- Building relationships and developing our network;
- Supporting the general day to day work and office management.
- Proven interest in the subjects ELNET deals with;
- Solid knowledge of the EU institutions and the Middle East, specifically regarding EU-Israel foreign and security policies is a plus;
- Independent pro-active and creative team player with an open mind, that enjoys working in a multi-tasking environment;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of French or other language is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree required, a Master’s degree is considered a strong advantage.