The European Leadership Network (“ELNET“) is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening relations between Europe and Israel based on shared democratic values and strategic interests.
ELNET is a pan-European network of local, professional affiliates (non-profit organizations) based in Belgium, Germany, France, Poland, Israel, the United Kingdom, United States, as well as the Forum of Strategic Dialogue (FSD) and ELNET Business Club Ltd. (the “Affiliates“).
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
Summary: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, email address, phone number, etc.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites, when you contact us through the Sites, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services or wishes to donate to ELNET or any of its Affiliates, when we correspond with you, when participating in our activities on the Sites or elsewhere or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data
We collect your first and last name, email address, address, country of residence phone number, I.D., passport numbers, and other similar contact and personal data provided.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
- Information automatically collected
Summary: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our websites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy detailed below.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Summary: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (the “Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “Your Privacy Rights” below).
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual reasons. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Sites for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for data breach monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or Contractual reasons.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- Mailchimp. We use Mailchimp for our newsletter and campaigns, since it allows us to easily create email template. Here you can find more about Mailchimp and how it ensures the GDPR compliance. In MailChimp we store your email address, your name, your address and phone (when provided). With your consent, we may send you emails about our activities and other updates.
Every newsletter includes an “unsubscribe” link. You can also unsubscribe and withdraw your consent to these communications by sending us email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salesforce. We use Salesforce to store and manage information provided through other channels mentioned above. Salesforce is GDPR compliant – read more here. Salesforce will help us comply with the GDPR, since it allows for quick review, change and deletion of stored data, upon request.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
Summary: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of ELNET assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another entity.
- Who has access to your data? Authorized employees of ELNET network. Including in our offices in Belgium, Germany, France, Poland, Israel, UK and the US, have access to your data. They will use it only to the extent necessary for processing your request and/or for fulfilling other relevant objectives. Our employees are subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality.
Some web browsers allow control of most cookies through the browser settings. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Summary: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our website servers are located in Belgium. Please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in any other country in which ELNET or its agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
Summary: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
Summary: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Summary: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. You can also opt-out by:
- noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Sites;
- contacting us using the contact information provided below.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
Summary: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org